ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Language filesets

2008-03-03 11:21:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Language filesets
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:21:09 -0600
David E Ehresman wrote:

> The TSM 5.4.0 server install for AIX has both filesets
> tivoli.tsm.msg.EN_US.server and tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.server.
>
> What is the difference between these two filesets?  Should one chose
> one or the other or install them both?

I've never been clear on what's generally different about the EN_US
versus the en_US filesets (not just with TSM).

That said, the tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.devices fileset is required for
tivoli.tsm.devices.aix5.rte (and for tivoli.tsm.msg.EN_US.devices),
and the TSM server for AIX install documentation says the en_US ones
are required regardless of the language environment you're using.

I've always used (only) en_US for both TSM and other AIX filesets.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa