ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned DB2 data

2008-02-27 16:25:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned DB2 data
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:23:35 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Collins, Brenda
> It was true that the backdelete was not set to yes.  I did change that
now
> but db2 does not recognize that old data. When there are deactivated
> backups that db2adutl does not seem to be able to delete.
>
> Jacques -
> I can see hundreds of files out there for the specific node I am
looking
> at but in db2adutl, there is only a subset of these files.
>
> I have opened up a call to support to see if they can give me any
ideas on
> how to get rid of this data.

You may be the victim of a little trick that DB2 dbas do occasionally.
If they have piles of data that they failed to expire (because they
turned expiration off), they likely just dropped the catalog, and then
brought it back. Voila! their problem is solved. Unfortunately, TSM is
stuck now with all that orphaned data.

You will have to delete that data manually. Support should be able to
help you with that.

--
Mark Stapleton
Berbee (a CDW company)