ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LVSA - open file support dilemma

2008-02-27 16:25:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LVSA - open file support dilemma
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:24:28 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Nicholas Rodolfich
> We have a WIndows 2003 server running the 5.4.0.2 TSM client. The
nightly
> scheduled backups have been failing due to the following error.
>
> ANS1378E: The snapshot operation failed. The SNAPSHOTCACHELocation
does
> not contain enough space for this snapshot operation.

To uninstall it, you go to Utilities-->Setup Wizard. Check the checkbox
for LVSA support, and the next window should give you the choice of
modification or uninstalling it. If you uninstall it, you will have to
reboot the client in order for the change to take effect.

To *fix* the problem, go to Edit-->Preferences-->Image-Snapshot tab, and
the cache size from 1 (1% of available disk, which is the default
setting) to a higher number. I'd try 5 at first, and then inch it upward
if 5 proves to be inadequate.

--
Mark Stapleton
CDW Berbee