ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO3 Tape Drives Unavailable on AIX

2008-02-27 12:31:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO3 Tape Drives Unavailable on AIX
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:30:37 -0600
To me it sounds like a protocol difference between the tape drive and
the HBA.
You probably have tried all of these, but you never know what will
trigger the "Oh yeah" moment.
1. Is it always the same drives?
2. Have you tried power cycling just a tape drive instead of the
library?
3. Are all of the HBA's in the same default mode? Fabric vs Arbitrated
Loop?
4. Do the HBA's show connected when the drive is defined?
5. Is there light on both ends when they are defined?
6. Have you tried using a switch to see if the results are the same?

Andy Huebner