ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned DB2 data

2008-02-26 15:19:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned DB2 data
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:19:04 -0600
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:00:09AM -0600, Collins, Brenda wrote:
> The q occ only provides the total space.  The select command I was using
> shows actual dates.
>

> Select node_name,backup_date from backups where node_name='xxxxxx'
>

> This tells me there are backups out there from almost a year ago when their
> scripts are designed to delete backups older than 45 days.  When the DBA
> tried to delete them, he received the error message below.
>

> Brenda

The db2 node running the scripts needs to have backupdel=yes authority
I believe.  That is the way our oracle, sql, and db2 TDP nodes are set up,
since the recovery programs actually manage the data retention, not the
TSM server policies..

update node <nodename> backupdel=yes

Should fix you up.

hth,