ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite copies for NDMP - how to do ?

2008-02-21 11:41:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite copies for NDMP - how to do ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:40:39 -0500
On Feb 21, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Remco Post wrote:

Richard Sims wrote:
On Feb 21, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Remco Post wrote:

Richard Sims wrote:
On Feb 21, 2008, at 5:13 AM, PAC Brion Arnaud wrote:

If only IBM could edit trustable/understandable manuals ... Would
avoid
lots of headaches and time lost !
Like in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.4 & 5.5 Technical
Guide redbook chapter 10, which devotes the full chapter to the new
NDMP capabilities?  ;-)

URL?

Redbooks are at:  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/
Search on:  tivoli storage manager technical guide

Have you tried? Since this is still a draft redbook, you have to do a
bit more than hat, the 5.3 and older versions will show, of course :)

Yes - that's why I recommended that others pursue that avenue.
The most recent Technical Guide is at the top of the results...which
you then click to and acquire a copy of the guide.

I cite methods for going at documents, rather than detailed URLs, for
several reasons...  First and foremost, URL elements internal to site
locations can be highly volatile, and change over time.  Keep in mind
that our postings are archived, and a detailed URL could well be
useless to someone doing TSM problem research a month from now.
Prescribing the most reliable method to get to the info, here and
later, is the most generally useful.  My second reason, beyond
showing methodology, is to expose contextual documentation beyond the
single objective, for general awareness of the availability of such
information as it aids better understanding of a complex product.  In
this case, for example, one who hasn't looked much at the Redbooks
will realize that the Technical Guide has been produced for numerous
versions and releases of ADSM and TSM, where each provides a unique
understanding of then-introduced features which carry forth through
the most current incarnations of TSM.

   Richard Sims