ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Lan Free Backup Problem

2008-02-16 08:37:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] Lan Free Backup Problem
From: Jeff White <Jeff.White AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:30:14 -0000
Hi

TSM Server v5.2.2

LanFree Storage Agent running on AIX

I had a problem on Thursday night: Where i have the ==è lines, these are my
comments following investigation

14-02-2008 19:31:31      ANR8223W (Session: 877917, Origin: COUXIPR05_STA)
Unable  to connect to remote system 172.20.34.21 due to

                          unexpected return code 67(SESSION: 877917)

====> Return code 67 = "EADDRINUSE"

14-02-2008 19:31:31      ANR0454E (Session: 877917, Origin: COUXIPR05_STA)
Session rejected by server COUXIPR02, reason: Communication

                          Failure. (SESSION: 877917)

====>For a reason of COMMUNICATION FAILURE ensure that the target server is
available and that TCPIP is available on both servers.

14-02-2008 19:31:31      ANR9778E (Session: 877917, Origin: COUXIPR05_STA)
Unable to establish a communication session with the primary

                          library manager. (SESSION: 877917)

====> The requested operation required that a communication session be
established with a library manager. The library manager was found to be
unavailable at this time.

14-02-2008 19:34:01      ANR2017I Administrator OPS issued command: QUERY DRIVE

                          (SESSION: 878044)

14-02-2008 19:34:01      ANR2017I Administrator OPS issued command: QUERY DRIVE

                          (SESSION: 878045)

14-02-2008 19:42:46      ANR8925W Drive DRIVE1 in library  3494LIB has not been
confirmed for use by server COUXIPR05_STA for over 600

                          seconds. Drive will be reclaimed for use by others.

====> The library server was unable to contact the library client for the given
interval to verify that the library client is still using the drive. At this
point the error recovery logic of the library manager will reclaim the drive
(including dismounting the client's volume if possible) and allow other to use
the drive

Since this time, i have been unable to perform lanfree backups for this server.
I can see a session running on the storage agent server which i have tried to
cancel, but it will not cancel. It is the session where the tape was loaded
when the problem occurred.

I have issued a SHOW LANFREE server-name server-agent-name and get this reply:

Node      Storage      Operation     Mgmt Class     Destination      LAN-Free
   Explanation

Name      Agent                      Name           Name             capable?

-----     --------     ---------     ----------     ------------     ---------
   --------------------

COUX-     COUXIPR-     BACKUP              FS_BACKUP-     PRODPOOL         No
         No available online

 IPR-        05_STA           S_PROD_U-
                                            paths.

 05                                      NIX_LAN_-

                                           MC

ANR1706I Ping for server 'COUXIPR05_STA' was able to establish a connection.

ANR0388I Node COUXIPR05 using storage agent COUXIPR05_STA has 0 storage pools
capable of LAN-free data movement and 1

storage pools not capable of LAN-free data movement.

The 'No Available Online Paths looks ominous?

This is my first sight of lanfree. The guy who installed it has left. Can
anyone help please?

Thanks in advance?

Woolworths plc
Registered Office: Woolworth House, 242/246 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JL
Registered in England, Number 104206

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary, any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message
from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes,  or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your co-operation.
Email scanned for viruses and unwanted content by emailsystems

Information regarding this service can be found at www.emailsystems.com