ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Find Management Class and copy group info per filespace

2008-02-14 18:20:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Find Management Class and copy group info per filespace
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:20:18 -0600
There is no one-to-one correspondence between filespaces (or nodes) and
management classes. There is a one-to-one correspondence between nodes
and policy domains, and a policy domain has one DEFAULT management
class, but can have many.

There is a one-to-one correspondence between individual files and
management classes, but the column entry in the TSM database is
"DEFAULT" unless a non-default management class is involved.

--
Mark Stapleton
CDW Berbee

Of