ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Find Management Class and copy group info per filespace

2008-02-14 17:05:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] Find Management Class and copy group info per filespace
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:00:35 -0600
I have a question, as I've been challenged to provide this information.

I need a way to query TSM and find out which Management Class each file
space is bound to.  We have some domains that were setup with no less
than 5 Management Classes, each with copy groups that have vastly
differing retention policies.  For the Oracle, Exchange, and SQL server
backups this is easy, there's a dedicated node and only a few Domains
and MCs.  But for file spaces this gets more complicated.

So, if anyone knows of an easy (relatively speaking) SQL Query, or
series of SQL Queries they have run in the past to do this it would be
greatly appreciated.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
Sr. Systems Engineer