ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question about backup log file(s) verbosity

2008-02-11 14:09:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question about backup log file(s) verbosity
From: "Thach, Kevin G" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:07:19 -0500
Hello,

I have a question regarding verbosity levels of the backup log file.
For our Windows clients, we use the default action of Incremental for
our backup schedules, and so everything gets logged to the dsmsched.log
file.  There is a date / timestamp on each line.

For our Unix clients, we use a command action which calls a script that
executes a few things along with a "dsmc incr -verbose", and redirects
the output to a unique log file each day.  There is not a date /
timestamp on each line using this method.

My question is this...

Is there another option that can be passed to the dsmc incr command that
will log the date / timestamp on each line?  Our internal audit
department is wanting to set up some monitoring processes to know
exactly what time particular files are examined for backup.  We can do
it on our Windows clients, but not on our Unix clients under their
current setup.

Thanks for any assistance,
Kevin

This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail in
error, please immediately notify us at (865)374-4900 or notify us
by E-mail at hdesk AT covhlth DOT com