ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive ESX virtual machines

2008-02-11 11:28:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive ESX virtual machines
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:22:31 -0500
On Feb 11, 2008, at 10:51 AM, Howard Coles wrote:

objects="/vmfs/volumes/vmserv3:storage1/*"
(Note the ' * ' at the end of the Objects line)

And see what happens.
Without it you are just telling it to get that directory, not all the
files in that directory, which will exclude subdirs, I think.  I could
be wrong, not looking at help files. ...

The TSM convention is that a slash at the end of a path is used to
say that the object is a directory, and thus it should be treated as
collection of objects, where Archive sends the directory and its
contents.

   Richard Sims, at Boston University