ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question on TSM environment sizes

2008-02-07 13:10:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question on TSM environment sizes
From: Sean English <sean.english AT WACHOVIA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:09:50 -0500
Yes, we only define one path per drive.  We are NOT defining paths for
every rmt device.  So, each library client has 72 drives defined to it,
with mulit-pathing, and we only define a  path for one of the rmt devices.
 Same holds true for all storage agents as well.

Sean English

"Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
02/07/2008 01:04 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Question on TSM environment sizes

If you are using Atape on AIX only the primary path needs to be defined
IF you have enabled alternate pathing.
"chdev -l rmt5 -aalt_pathing=yes"
See IBM "IBM Tape Device Drivers Installation and User's Guide"  PG 31,
Pub GC27-2130-02
It works like a champ on AIX.  Can't vouch for other platforms.

Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.