ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Groupwise on Netware Server

2008-02-05 12:01:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Groupwise on Netware Server
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:56:07 -0600
I admined GW For about 9 years, and the best overall for TSM is St.
Bernard's OFM.  The GWBackup utility creates an exact copy of your Post
Office to another location, but that adds Admin overhead.  The GWTSA
would work great if IBM would get off their butt and support it.  Then
GW Becomes just another file system, only messages, sort of like the
tsands did for NDS.

Set your opt file just like you would any other TSM NetWare client, and
install St. Bernard to handle the open files.  I've done restores after
this kind of backup, and if the backup was complete, the restore always
worked.
Make sure you exclude the wpsin and wpsout type folders, as TSM will
complain.  I don't have a copy of all the excludes handy. The main
folders to make *sure* you get are the ofuser, ofmsg, offile, and the
post office db files.

See Ya'
Howard