ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for SYS-back & Recovery!!

2008-02-05 11:17:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for SYS-back & Recovery!!
From: Steve Stackwick <sstackwick AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:16:32 -0500
James is right, you can boot from a Sysback server (your TSM server,
most likely), it doesn't have to be a NIM server. Sysback calls this
the "classic" method. Since a lot of people already have NIM servers,
the Sysback developers decided to leverage that and allow you to
install Sysback into the NIM SPOT, so you could restore with a NIM
server. But it's not necessary.

Steve

--
Stephen Stackwick