ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM DR restore query

2008-02-04 13:08:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM DR restore query
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:46:59 -0500
You said is a W2003 server.   What are the details of it?

CPU, memory, etc.  Maybe that is problem?  Or is their
restore time including not just the DB restore, but
all the "prep" work, etc. involved in the restore?

DL

>>> Neil Sharp <tsmrocks AT GOOGLEMAIL DOT COM> 2/4/2008 12:32 PM >>>
Thanks Charles for responding

The majority of the restore time is spent in formatting the DB and logs.
They are actually restoring from a fileclass backup of the TSM DB. I know
when they told me these times I found them hard to believe as well.

On 04/02/2008, Hart, Charles A <charles_hart AT uhc DOT com> wrote:

> I think the first question id 45GB restored in 5Hours, that's 5 GB hour
> / 1.3MBS Second... What kind of Tape Drive are you using, is it on its
> own HBA (Don't Mix Disk / Tape I/O down same path)
>
> Sounds like you have an I/O challenge.  As far as the Idea below, never
> tried, but take in consideration that if the TSM DR box is in a
> different geographical location you'll have to use FCIP or Disk Frame
> replication to gain access to those volumes.

#####################################
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.