ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backing up Interwoven

2008-02-01 20:07:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backing up Interwoven
From: "Huebschman, George J." <GJHuebschman AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 20:07:10 -0500
Is there a TDP product that is applicable to Interwoven data.
I have been trying to troubleshoot failing backups for a Client that is
running an Interwoven application.
They back up a C:, D:, and Y: drive.

Currently we are looking at shutting down the application daily on these
servers to facilitate a backup.  No one really wants to do this.

Is there a better way?

The Incremental backup has been choking on the 9 million plus objects on
the Y: drive.  I was told by the business owner that these were high
priority must have objects.
I switched to using "Memoryefficientbackup Yes" and saw a dramatic
improvement in the number of objects processed before Windows finally
denied the Client memory.
We are not using Journal based backups.
I was weighing the costs and benefits of using Diskcachemethod and
Journal based backups when the owner of the servers related that these
objects were not important and should be excluded.  I checked to be sure
that what I was drinking really WAS coffee and asked for clarification.
It seems that we can exclude them so long as we have error-free,
complete backups of the C and D drives.

We do not have error-free complete backups of the C and D drives.
The Client has been skipping hundreds of open files.  The server owner
determined that these files need to be backed up.

Is there a TDP product that relates to this?  I did not see anything
specifically for this on IBM's website, and have not heard of anything
like it.
Is that the right question to ask, or are there other things to look at
first?

George Huebschman

IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason
therefore recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive
information to us via electronic mail, including social security numbers,
account numbers, or personal identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely
delivery of Internet mail is not guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends
that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not
use, copy or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the author by replying
to this message and then kindly delete the message. Thank you.