ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Data Deduplication[-UNSECURE-]

2008-01-23 10:54:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Data Deduplication[-UNSECURE-]
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:54:15 -0700
You are right, if client compression is turned on, you will get next to
no compression.

        In the DataDomain best practices for TSM documentation, they say
to have client compression turned off for the DD appliance to do its
thing.

        We don't have client compression turned on because we hate the
hit it takes on the clients and we have sufficiently big network pipes.
So we are set up OK for their appliance to work it's "magic".

Ben