ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM admin password expired

2008-01-22 16:00:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM admin password expired
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:59:22 -0600
Well, the activity log won't tell you exactly where the commands are
coming from, just the account.  But my guess would be, since this is an
AIX TSM server, that somebody has scripts running from cron that use the
Operator account and have the password hardcoded in.

I would get somebody with root privileges in the server to help you dig
through the crontab entries (it may run from somewhere other than root's
crontab) and then grep through scripts with likely sounding names
looking for dsmadmc, or operator.

Best of luck to you.  Just a tip, but for these sort of scripts we set
up a special privileged account who's password doesn't expire, and
almost nobody knows the password to.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Lead Systems Administrator - Storage