ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reconnects

2008-01-18 11:13:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reconnects
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:12:20 -0500
On Jan 18, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Mahesh Tailor wrote:

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  Here's all I am seeing in the actlog,
however during this period I am seeing data being transferred from
node to the server.  I have tried this with no other jobs (backup
or otherwise) running with the same results; so I don't think its a
preemption of this backup job.  I will increase the idletimeout to
see if it helps.

01/18/08   06:59:59      ANR0482W Session 49163 for node
EPICREL01DB (AIX)
                          terminated - idle for more than 45
minutes. (SESSION:
                          49163)

Mahesh -

Keep in mind the TSM concept of Producer and Consumer sessions, where
the former is the "manager" who mostly stands around, and the latter
is the "worker", busy transferring data.  The Producer session is
expected to time out during long data transfers, as we've previously
explored on the List, and explained by IBM in Technote 1161949.
Having a long Idletimeout value reduces the occurrences of these.

   Richard Sims    at Boston University