ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library sharing over FCIP

2008-01-03 13:43:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library sharing over FCIP
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:42:57 -0600
Yes this can be done. If you suspect that latency will be a challenge
just make sure you have the Tape Acceleration Feature enabled on your
SAN switch that's doing FCIP, the challenges here at least with Cisco's
FCIP you can use compression or tape acceleration but not both.

It works pretty good depending on your FCIP link size, the amount of
data etc....