ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL Server Backup

2007-12-24 09:53:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL Server Backup
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:53:05 -0500
Del,

We made the change and the backups have been running successfully.

Thanks for the tip.

Mahesh

>>> Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM> 12/17/2007 11:13 >>>
Did you look into the known network issues that are being caused
by the Windows Server 2003 Scalable Networking Pack that Microsoft
added with regards to TCP Chimney offload, Receive Side Scaling,
and Network Direct Memory Access?

Here are a few KB articles to look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945977

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942861

We have seen sporadic problems with symptoms like this
being caused by the TCP Chimney offload.
Disabling the TCP Chimney Offload feature is one way that
some customers have seen relief.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/17/2007
10:33:24 AM: