ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VCB Integration, specifically how to do incrementals

2007-12-22 06:57:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VCB Integration, specifically how to do incrementals
From: Wojtek Pięcek <woju AT PINGWIN.WAW DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:56:57 +0100
On Dec 22, 2007 5:48 AM, Schaub, Steve <steve_schaub AT bcbst DOT com> wrote:
> 1. offload VMWare hosts from backup processing

We talking about vmware - I can't beliew that Your virtual machine
haven't enought power to process incremental file backup. More - on
all well know operating system, not only windows.

Can You describe me structure of windows machine? Lots of files? Lots
of directories? Hi load of machine?

> 2. bare-metal recoverability

I'm not windows administrator, so my exp. in windowed enviroment is
poor, but I know about bare machine restore - tsm fully suport that,
instalation disc (windows) too, etc. Maybe restiring using this method
is weak (from tsm instructor) but I'm not expert - can You confirm
this?