ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM DB2 API - Question

2007-12-18 16:13:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 API - Question
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:12:57 -0600
We are in the midst of Migrating DB backup clients to a new TSM
instance.  Our DB2 DBA's stated that they can not repoint their DB
backups to the new TSM instance without stopping / starting the DB2 DB
itself, as the DB2 API Backup cfg is only read upon the starting of the
DB2 DB.

Is this true?  I really hope not as you would think there would be a
db2util re-read cfg cmd or something... Does anyone know any different?
I'm poking through the manuals....

Regards,

Charles