ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config

2007-12-14 07:47:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2 config
From: Lloyd Dieter <ldieter AT ROCHESTER.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:47:20 -0500
Are you seeing anything in the server activity log?

One issue that I ran into was that the logs and database should be stored in
different storage pools when using the "include logs" option.  Otherwise the
backup can preempt itself doing a log retrieval...there's a technote that
describes the problem.

If you run the backup without the "include logs", does it complete?

-Lloyd

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:48:43 +0530
Sachin V Chaudhari1 <schaudhari AT IN.IBM DOT COM> wrote thusly:

> HI,
>
> Thx for the reply.
> Command for taking backup:-
> db2 backup db <SID> online include logs load
> /usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a
>
> Also I use DB13 to take the backup with include logs selected. But no
> success.
>
> One imp point is When I fired the backup, its started, I can see the
> backup status using "db2 list utilities show detail" command. But at
> the end of it, its just hang, means some MB's of data remaining to
> complete the bkp. & after some time TSM was terminating that session as
> its reaches the IDLETIMEOUT value.
>
> Environment details.
>    The version of DP for mySAP or DP for ERP. : DP for mySAP v5.3.3
>    The operating system level and patches that were applied (of the Data
>    Protection Client) : AIX 5.3 ML5, 64bit DB2 UDB v9.1, 64bit
>    Full TSM server version : TSM v5.3.2
>    OS version and level for TSM server : Windows 2003 R2 Standard
> Edition with SP2
>    TSM client 5.3.4
>    SAP version ECC6.0
>
> Any inputs on the above ????
>

> Thanks,
> Sachin.
>

>              Lloyd Dieter
>              <ldieter@ROCHESTE
>              R.RR.COM>
> To Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Dist Stor
> cc Manager"
>              <[email protected]
> Subject .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM For ERP with DB2