ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SL500 LAN-free without ACSLS???

2007-12-12 15:49:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SL500 LAN-free without ACSLS???
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:46:53 +0100
Don,

If you install and configure a storage agent on your client with 2.5 TB
of data, you can take a backup across the SAN.

The backup starts, the client sees in his dsm.sys file that it should go
LANfree. The storage agent asks through TCP/IP the TSM server to mount
him a tape in a drive. The TSM server acknowledges to the STA (TCP/IP
again) that tape A is mounted in drive B. The STA writes the data
directly to the tape drive through shared memory. When the backup is
finished, the STA tells the TSM server that the drive can be dismounted
again.

No ACSLS is thus required.

Best regards,
Kurt