ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems after upgrading 5.3 Linux client to 5.4

2007-12-11 15:42:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems after upgrading 5.3 Linux client to 5.4
From: Michael Glad <glad AT DAIMI.AU DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:03:45 +0100
I run a TSM 5.3.4.0 TSM server. I recently encounterered a problem where the
5.3.4.0 linux TSM client aborted every time it processed a given file system
on one of my servers.

Instead of upgrading to a newer 5.3.4 client level as would probably have
been the wisest thing to to, I promptly uninstalled it and installed
a 5.4.1.5 client.

Unfortunately, it seems that the 5.4.1.5 client wants to back up a lot of
files that have already been backed up, possibly the entire server.
As this server contains a 8 digit number of files, this is far from
ideal.

Does somebody have an idea of what's going on?

        -- Michael