ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Long Wait for Disk Pool Volumes

2007-12-06 10:12:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] Long Wait for Disk Pool Volumes
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:12:03 -0600
I am running TSM 5.3.2.3 on AIX 5.3.6.  We started using big disk pools for
our onsite data some time ago.  We are noticing an odd behaviour.  It takes
up to 20 minutes for disk volumes to start varying online, and can take
longer obviously for it to finish.  Before opening an incident with IBM
(which I assume will be put in performance, and suck the life out of me),  I
was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before.  We restarted
our smallest DB instance this morning, and the link below shows the actlog
from the restart.  Restarted at 06:34, first volume varied on at 06:58.
Thanks.

http://www.agcbsm.org/tsmvactl.txt

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,