ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP TO DEFINE AN EXCEPTION IN A SCHEDULER

2007-12-04 22:19:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP TO DEFINE AN EXCEPTION IN A SCHEDULER
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:39:35 +1100
Why do you say polling mode Robben?  That is the big advantage of prompted
- you don't have to wait for the next poll to pick up your changes.  You
certainly don't have to restart the cad or scheduler process to pick up a
schedule change, only for DSM.SYS/OPT changes.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Sydney Australia

             Robben Leaf
             <robben.leaf@USBA
             NK.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] PLEASE I NEED YOUR
                                       HELP TO DEFINE AN EXCEPTION IN A
                                       SCHEDULER
             04/12/2007 04:07
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Unfortunately, in the Define Schedule command, the DAYOFMONTH parameter
doesn't play nicely with the DAYOFWEEK parameter, according to the manuals.

One way to get around this is to define a couple of Administrative
schedules that run once a month, one that will Delete Association for the
nodes associated with the schedule, and another to Define Association for
those nodes. The clients will need to be in Polling mode to catch the
updates without having their schedulers restarted, and someone will have to
remember to update these Administrative schedules every time a node is
added to or removed from the Client schedule.

Robben Leaf

             "Wladimir
             Benavides"
             <Wbenavides@BINAR                                          To
             IA.COM.EC>                ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP TO
             .EDU>                     DEFINE AN EXCEPTION IN A SCHEDULER

             12/03/2007 09:03
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi:

Please I need you name to define an exception in a scheduler.

I want to define a scheduler that has to run dialy, on Monday, Tuesday,
Wenesday, Thursday and Friday, but this scheduler don´t have to run the
first day of every month. I can define this scheduler, but I don´t know how
to define this exception.

Thanks and regards.

El servicio de Symantec Hosted Mail Security ha verificado que el mensaje
se
encuentra libre de Virus.

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications
privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you
are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally
prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise
disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and then
immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.