ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB2 / TSM Question

2007-12-04 21:42:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB2 / TSM Question
From: "Collins, Brenda" <brenda.s.collins AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:44:38 -0600
We are having trouble finding some logs on TSM for db2.  I can show that it was
archived successfully but when dba goes to restore, it is not there.  A
db2adutl query does not show the file but it does show in the history.  Where
did the file go?

Any help would be appreciated!  I am not a dba and not sure what activity may
have occurred on the client server itself that would have been reason for the
logs to disappear.

AIX - 5.3
TSM Server 5.4.0.2
TSM Client  5.4.0.0
DB2 - Ver. 9

Db2diag.log shows file archive successfully.

2007-12-01-06.33.32.557980+000 I1273312A372       LEVEL: Warning
PID     : 630788               TID  : 1           PROC : db2logmgr (IR2) 0
INSTANCE: db2ir2               NODE : 000
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, data protection services, sqlpgArchiveLogFile, probe:3180
MESSAGE : Successfully archived log file S0322766.LOG to TSM chain 1 from
          /db2/IR2/log_dir/NODE0000/.

Db2adutl query

Retrieving LOG ARCHIVE information.
   Log file: S0323352.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-01-12.20.27
   Log file: S0323353.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-01-12.20.42
   Log file: S0323354.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-01-12.21.24
   Log file: S0323355.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-03-07.15.17
   Log file: S0323356.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-03-18.33.39
   Log file: S0323357.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-03-18.40.52
   Log file: S0323358.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-03-18.41.40
   Log file: S0323359.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-03-23.02.02
   Log file: S0323360.LOG, Chain Num: 1, DB Partition Number: 0, Taken at:
2007-12-04-00.09.32

 db2 list history archive log since 20071201 for ir2 | grep -i S0322772.LOG
  X  D  20071201064845      1    A  S0322772.LOG C0000001

Thank you!
Medtronic
Collins, Brenda
Sr. Principle Systems Technologist
brenda.s.collins AT medtronic DOT com<mailto:brenda.s.collins AT medtronic DOT
com>
tel: 763-514-4969
mobile: 763-218-9596
Always have my latest
info<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=60130810166&v0=1860631&k0=2093372666&src=client_sig_212_1_card_join&invite=1>
 Want a signature like this?
<http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig>

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or
it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority,
you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any
manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your
records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link
or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser:
http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com