ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HELP!! TIPS on freeing up library slots

2007-11-27 14:04:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HELP!! TIPS on freeing up library slots
From: "Taylor, David" <DTaylor AT WBMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:03:27 -0600
Are you running backups, directly to tape, in the same storage pool
where you are seeing the "filled" volumes?

I have an issue, with my SQL DB backups, that results in the same
situation.  Because of their size, they go directly to tape.  Due to the
available backup window, I am forced to back them all up at roughly the
same time.  This generally leads to a each backup going to a separate
tape.

To help rectify the situation, I have a little ksh script that
consolidates the "filled" volumes.

HTH

David