ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM STA Paths

2007-11-23 05:48:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM STA Paths
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:47:48 +0100
The library manager, as it is said, is the library manager.
When STA need cartridges, it ask the library manager for it.
The library manager ask the library to mount a tape, then, when it know the
drive where it is mounted, it will check the label of the cartridge, so an
access (ie a path) to the drive is needed for the library manager.
Then, knowing the drive, it find the path of the drive on STA side so it can
tell the STA where the cartridge is mounted and address (ie the special file)
of the tape.
When you look at drives activity on the library manager, you can see that,
during mount process of cartridge, the cartridge and the mount point are owned
by the library manager. Therefore the ownership is transfered to the STA.
A select on drives table (allocated_to) during mount process can show you all
that.

Regards

Pierre