ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 5.5.0.0 for Windows upgrade on existing DB does not do upgradedb

2007-11-19 23:46:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5.0.0 for Windows upgrade on existing DB does not do upgradedb
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:46:22 -0700
Just a watch-for. I have installed both 32-bit and 64-bit TSM server
upgrades for Windows. In both cases the upgrade went fine, but I had to
start the server at an OS prompt the first time to do a dsmserv upgradedb.
The installation script did not do this for me as it did in previous
releases.

b.t.w. for all you impatient ISC persons - you might want to upgrade to ISC
5.5 - it's much faster and also has new functionality, for example data
shredding.

Joerg Pohlmann