ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What brand of LTO4 tape drive are you using?

2007-11-18 01:36:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What brand of LTO4 tape drive are you using?
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:36:13 +0200
We are using IBM TS1040 Tape Drive in TS3500 (ex-3584)
<http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/tape/ts3500/index.html>
The library is great. At the same, after we have upgraded from LTO2
(3580) to LTO4 (1040) we are experiencing major problems with reading
LTO2 catridges: too many read errors. I've opened a case in IBM almost
a month ago and despite all their (and mine) efforts the problem
hasn't been solved so far.

The cartridges we use are exclusively from IBM.

HTH,

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green