ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backup and restore of GPFS filesystem

2007-11-14 20:40:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] backup and restore of GPFS filesystem
From: Daad Ali <daad_l AT YAHOO DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:16:16 -0500
Hi,

  I am testing the backup of GPFS filesystem (GPFS 3.2.0.1) on AIX 5.3 TL 05
  TSM 5.4.1 on both the server and client.

  I run the mmbackup command in a script to backup the filesystem.
  mmbackup /dev/GPFS_filesys -n /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/gpfs.ctl -t full

  The backup completes without any errors.
  tsbackup: full backup finished with complete success, rc = 0
mmbackup: Command successfully completed

  Now, when I try to restore or query for a file,

  dsmc -optfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/test_gpfs.opt

  tsm> q b  /GPFS_filesys/

  I don't even see the files that I just put in filesystem before I ran the
backup.
  for example, I copied /etc/hosts file in the GPFS filesystem before the
backup.

  Is there a different way of looking for the backed up files and restoring
them?

  thanks for your help.
  Daad

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers.