ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exclude syntax

2007-11-09 13:21:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exclude syntax
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:20:42 -0600
Well, ignoring the syntax issue for a moment,
exclude.backup won't keep the client from re-scanning the directories.

Exclude.backup excludes FILES, not directories; TSM will still scan each
of the subdirectories and try to match each filename it finds against the
EXCLUDE.

To keep TSM from scanning the directories, you need exclude.dir.