ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] nodename

2007-11-09 12:27:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] nodename
From: Ian-IT Smith <ian-it.smith AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:28:05 +0000
Hi

If I want to restore files to another server, I can change the nodename on
the restore server and reauthenticate and access the files. However on the
TSM server, it changes the IP address of that Node.

If I use virtualnodename on the restore server, does it do this? As I want
to continue normal operations on the original node.

Ian Smith

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.