ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage in Windows client 5.3.5.3/5.3.4.0

2007-11-08 14:48:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage in Windows client 5.3.5.3/5.3.4.0
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:47:27 -0700
I suspect what you see is not specific to TSM. What facility are you using
to view memory, and what type of memory are you looking at? For example,
Windows Task Manager can show you both "Mem Usage" (current KB of pages
resident in memory) and "VM Size" (total virtual memory used by the
process). If you want to observe the TSM client memory footprint, use the
"VM Size" field.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/08/2007
01:08:18 AM: