ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup schedule syntax?

2007-11-08 08:42:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup schedule syntax?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:41:44 -0500
Hi Richard,

Is there a way to backup the server and keep all data for 7 years?  That
is the main goal of this.  They need their servers backed up monthly and
they wanted a full backup for legal purposes.  I'm open to any
suggestions.  I just need something that works and keeps the files for 7
years.

Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

"Richard Sims" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
11/07/2007 03:26 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Backup schedule syntax?

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Joni Moyer wrote:

> options="'-archmc=arc2555 -subdir=yes" objects="c:\* d:\"

I believe that should be:
  options="-archmc=arc2555 -subdir=yes" objects="c:\* d:\*"

Be prepared for a great increase in your TSM server space utilization
every month, as Archive is unconditional, and so will result in the
same old data being archived again and again.  Also, unless you have
the right Excludes prepared, you will be archiving everything on the
drives, which seemingly will include a lot of system files which will
be worthless space-consumers in the archive storage pool and database.

    Richard Sims