ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LPAR config

2007-11-08 08:20:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LPAR config
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:19:25 -0500
Adding it to the profile and cfgmgr is not sufficient.  You either have to
restart the lpar or dynamically assign the device to the lpar and then cfgmgr.

david

>>> "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM> 11/7/2007 5:16 PM >>>
I know this is off topic but also realize there are a lot of folks who
use IBM hardware who could help. I have a P55A which I just installed a
second internal DVD-RAM drive(bottom slot), the other is just a CD(top
slot), which I'd like to add to an LPAR. I'm looking for a document that
would tell me where this device lives within the server. I'm not sure
why I'm drawing a blank but I am.

I've been looking for a document that shows Bus # Slot # relationship to
the internal devices but so far haven't found anything. If anyone has an
Idea would you mind sending that to me please? I was also wondering if
once I add this device if I have to restart the LPAR before it would be
found or if cfmgmr would just pick it up after assigning it to the
startup profile, I just don't recall that either.

Thanks for the help,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator