ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ASR Procedure question

2007-11-08 04:05:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] ASR Procedure question
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:04:48 +0200
Hi to all

I tried the ASR procedure and made those setps:

1.       Create an ASR diskette from gui client (Label TSMASR)

2.      Create a CD with a client installation name TSMCLI.EXE   (Label TSMCLI)

3.      Run the process (F2 for ASR from a Windows XP+SP2 installation) an
follow the instructions

4.      Get a Windows Dos options to pick a restore from a server or a local
backup set

5.      Choose the first option (from the server)

Here got an error Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

I was never ask to configure my TCP/IP (Ip number, gateway, subnet) , try ping
without any success …

I am sure I miss something but no clue how to configure my tcp/ip . I check
that in the tsmasr.opt the tcpserveraddress is the IP and not the name server.

Any suggestions ??????

T.I.A Regards

Robert Ouzen