ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup schedule syntax?

2007-11-07 18:58:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup schedule syntax?
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:56:44 +1100
Joni

When I've done this in the past I like to create a new "named" management
class for each application that is doing long term archiving, even if the
requirements are the same as an already existing class.  The reason for
this is that if requirements change for  this one app, and they suddenly
need 10 years or 3, or you need to put that to an out of library storage
pool, you can just change the one copygroup definition and the change is
made, without affecting any other app's data.

Also I don't like to name long term management classes with their retention
periods as you have done because system admins will find your class and
decide it would be a good idea to back stuff up for 7 years - and you will
have no idea that it is happening.

HTH

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Sydney Australia

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/11/2007
08:39:57 AM: