ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage in Windows client 5.3.5.3/5.3.4.0

2007-11-07 11:50:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage in Windows client 5.3.5.3/5.3.4.0
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:50:11 +0000
Hello,

I'm not sure if your question is only about the memory consumption when you minimize the windows. Regading this specific behaviour, I've no idea except something due to windows cmd display buffer.

The high memory consumption is because you're using standard restore and not no query restore because your wildcard "?*" is a restricted wildcard whereas "*" is an unrestricted one.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Henrik Wahlstedt a écrit :
Hello,

When I do a restore in cmd-line ex. 'dsmc restore c:\?* f:\', my client will consume
alot of memory, (of course it depends on how many files I try to restore..). When I
minimize the windows and open it again the memory usage will drop down to it´s
starting value ~15Mb and start to increase again. Is this normal??

I have seen this on W2k3 sp1 and sp2.

//Henrik