ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDPO/LanFree setup questions

2007-11-05 14:49:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDPO/LanFree setup questions
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:48:35 -0500
Hi Everyone,

We're struggling on how to setup TDPO and LanFree.  Not the mechanics on
making it work, but on the best way to use it.

We would like to do the following:

1)  Oracle DB backups go LanFree straight to tape.
2)  Archive logs go LAN to a disk pool, then migrated to tape.
3)  Archive logs also go  immediately sent to a offsite TSM instance (disk
pool) (lan).

If we set it up for lan to the disk pool, and then use the filesize option
to write big db files straight to tape, they still go
LAN. . . not LanFree.  I read that TDPO/LanFree will honor incl/excl
options with different management classes.  This
sounds good, but all the data is coming from RMAN/TDPO. I don't know what I
would use for a incl/excl for the
archive logs.

Also, we would like to get an immediate offsite copy of archive logs.
Again, we would like this offsite copy be
to a disk pool so as not to wait for tape mounts and drive contention.  We
found a way to do this via a second
archive log destination with a completely separate rman setup to a offsite
TSM server.  There didn't seem to be
a way in RMAN to send a archive log to multiple destinations, and then
delete the archive log.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.