ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Linux Cluster Backup

2007-11-05 13:59:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Linux Cluster Backup
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:59:13 -0500
Hi *,

I'm currently setting up a Linux Redhat 5 env with 4 servers in a cluster
environment ( 1 failover server for the other 3 servers ).I've downloaded the
document from the IBM website entitled "Using the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Backup Archive Client in Cluster Environments on UNIX and Linux" . My TSM
server is at 5.3.3.0, but Linux cluster backups are only supported by this
document for TSM server 5.4. The obvious thing to do would be to update the
server to 5,4,  butLinux clustering has existed long before TSM 5.4, so has any
done clustered backups pre-TSM 5.4 ?

Rich