ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Lost HSM files

2007-11-05 11:29:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Lost HSM files
From: Anker Lerret <ADSM-L AT LERRET DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:28:46 -0500
We appear to have lost some files in HSM.  One of our users created some
files ten days ago.  He inadvertently deleted them four days ago.  Since
our migration expiration option is 7 days, the files should still be
available via the dsmmigundelete command.  Right?  This assumes that

   1.) The directory exists (it does)
   2.) HSM has run reconciliation during the time that the files existed.

I can't prove #2 (is it logged anywhere?), but our HSM filesystem is badly
under-sized and very active, so HSM is constantly shuttling files out to
the TSM server.  I can't imagine that HSM went six days without doing this.

Did I miss any possibilities?  The other possibility is that the user is
confused as to when the files were created and deleted, but I want to make
sure that we don't have anything set wrong.

Thanks,
anker