ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HELP!!!! TSM DOWN AND WON"T RESTART!

2007-10-28 09:15:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HELP!!!! TSM DOWN AND WON"T RESTART!
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:00:01 +0100
Hi Joni,

I guess you filled up your log and that you now need to extend it as explained in the administrator guide. First, you need to define a new LOGV with the dsmfmt utility (use the -log flag) : # dsmfmt -m -log /path/to/new/logv.dsm 512 (where 512 is the size of the new volume to allocate, in MB)
and then assign this new LOGV to TSM with the dsmserv extend log command.
# dsmserv extend log /path/to/new/logv.dsm 512
Finally restart your server in foreground to verify that everything is ok.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Joni Moyer a écrit :
Hello everyone,

I have an AIX 5.3 TSM 5.3.5.2 server and I'm seeing the following
messages.  What can I do????  I'm in severe need of help!  Thanks!

ANR7837S Internal error LOGSEG871 detected.
0x0000000100007e70 pkAbort
0x000000010005ded0 LogAllocSegment
0x000000010005bbb0 ForceLogPages
0x000000010005c5c8 LogWriterThread
0x0000000100006320 StartThread
0x0900000000415448 _pthread_body
ANR7833S Server thread 1 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 2 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 3 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 4 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 5 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 6 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 7 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 8 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 9 terminated in response to program abort.
8:22:59 AM: John Lemkelde/ISG/CORP/Highmark: ANR7833S Server thread 20
terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 21 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 22 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 23 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 24 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 25 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 26 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 27 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 28 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 29 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 30 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 31 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 32 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S Server thread 33 terminated in response to program abort.

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com