ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Need advice on a long term TSM storage solution

2007-10-25 19:01:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Need advice on a long term TSM storage solution
From: Tammy Schellenberg <TSchellenberg AT PROSPERA DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:46:30 -0700
We have just recently implemented a data domain and so far we love it.
The majority of the issues we had were related to tape.  Right now we
are in the process of moving our data from tape to the DDR, once this is
complete we will be implementing the backup at our offsite disaster
recovery system.  The compression is great, operations tasks are
decreased already.  I would recommend this solution.  Tapes are very
finicky and confining.

Tammy Schellenberg, DCIS, MCP
Systems Administrator, Information Technology

direct: 604 864 6578
email: tschellenberg AT prospera DOT ca