ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling a full archive of data once/month

2007-10-22 12:02:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling a full archive of data once/month
From: "Barnhart, Troy" <TBarnhart AT RCRH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:00:37 -0600
84 Monthly Archives - be careful on how that will make your TSM-database
grow...

(Depending on how many nodes and how many objects backed up per node...)

Our TSM database grew from 30GB to over 300GB in under two years and
nearly cratered the Win2k server.

We moved to 3 TSM servers (same versions as you have) - 2 "beefy" AIX
servers for daily backups and 1 AIX server strictly for the monthly
archive.

The archive server backs up less than a dozen nodes (with detailed
incl/excl) for the past 5 years & we currently have about a TSM-database
of around 150GB...

Just a heads-up...

Regards,

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer