ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Understanding Summary table

2007-10-18 09:07:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Understanding Summary table
From: Rick Harderwijk <rick.harderwijk AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:07:21 +0200
Richard,

Thanks. I am monitoring TSM operations from a Perl script someone made a
long time ago (before I got here). What the script does is basically dump
the activity log to a file and then 'does stuff with it'. The stuff it does,
it is not doing very well. For some reason and for TDP sessions only, it is
now seeing lines with the word 'Failed' in it and tells me a backup has
failed. What it actually sees is 'Number of objects failed: 0'. Thus in my
overview I'm getting a lot of nodes that are 'Not OK', but in fact are.

I was trying to figure a way to rebuild this script, outputting the same
info but correctly, this time from the tsm command line with the correct
info... It is not all that easy, it appears.

Cheers,

Rick