ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Understanding Summary table

2007-10-18 05:49:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Understanding Summary table
From: Rick Harderwijk <rick.harderwijk AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:48:34 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the contents of the summary table on our TSM
5.3.4.0 server.

When I do

select entity,failed from summary where activity='BACKUP' and
cast((current_timestamp-start_time)hours as decimal(8,0)) < 24 and failed>0
order by entity

I get a number of results.

However, when I check the activity log for the results of a certain MSSQL
server with

q act begint=-24 search=SQLSERVER

I get results like

10/17/2007 22:01:26  ANE4993E (Session: 475, Node: SQLSERVER)  TDP
MSSQL Win32 ACO3002 Data Protection for SQL: full backup
of database Database from server SQLSERVER failed, rc = 1914. (SESSION: 475)

Why is this node listed in the summary table as OK, while it in fact failed?
Is this because the backup is initialized on the SQLServer through a task
scheduler command instead of by using the schedule settings on the server?

Kind regards,

Rick